Backround

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Almost there

Believe it or not, we're about 6 days away from some freedom! Chris has a Physics final Monday and my Nursing final is Monday. Chris also has to finish his Psychology finals probably Tuesday and my Physiology final is Tuesday. We're hoping they go well. I'm quite nervous because I have crammed a lot of information into my brain this semester and I know I have forgotten a whole lot. I guess I'll be relearning some of it for the final!
We will still be working- and I see that my hours are increasing the further we get into the holiday season-which is great- I'm glad I will have something to do so I'm not home all of the time. One of the managers also asked if I would stay on through January at least- which I will be very busy with school, but it won't be too many hours, so I said I would. Chris' hours will probably stay about the same.
I'm excited for Christmas Break for a few reasons:
1- More time to spend with Chris. It seems like he is running constantly. To class, then to work, then home late and almost straight to bed.  
2- Our couch, table, and desk (hopefully) will not be piled high with books, computers, and papers.
3- A little time to relax- no classes to go to. Maybe I'll get to do some leisure reading (not textbooks..).
4- I wish I could say go home.. but I'm doubting we get to. Chris has to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. (Sounds like an exciting Holiday for us- maybe I'll volunteer to work Christmas Eve too so I'm not here by myself.). I was thinking about changing my schedule so we could go home the 18th, but I looked and I am already scheduled. Starting next week I am picking up a lot more hours than before (the money will be nice!). I do enjoy working there most of the time-until I have grouchy or rude people!
5- Some time to work out. Carnival.com says we cruise in 24 days! We are SO excited to get out for a while and spend a whole week with his whole family and my parents (in a warm climate!)
6- I could go on forever, but the last thing I'm really looking forward to is reorganizing our poorly neglected basement. I love reorganizing- and I'm ready to do it!
We set our Christmas tree up the day after Black Friday and I just love it. We had to push the table in the corner so we'd have room for it. 
 I didn't note it in the last post, but we finally picked out a tv! It was a wedding gift from his parents. I told Chris just to wait until Black Friday and we'd get a good deal. So, I was watching the ads, and the TV we had chosen was one of the few NOT going on sale.. so I said we could just get it. I think we got a pretty great deal for what we got. I had a hard time getting a clear picture of it. Sorry if the flash is blinding. (and it really isn't odd shaped- it was just the angle I took it at)

1 comment:

  1. love love love your tree, and we had the same experience with our tv a few years ago. and I love that you have glee songs on here..well, i am glad you are finally going to have some time off.. darcy came over last night and I helped her with her music class. I am so proud of my self. I got a 100 on one quiz and a 90 on another. (we won't talk about my 60 or 30 on the cadence one... ooops) well, we sure miss you guys, and I hope you have a wonderful christmas. love ya, Summer

    ReplyDelete