Backround

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Watch Bands.

So, back in October,  I decided to buy some beads to make Chris' mom a watch for her birthday. I looked at one I had been given from Summer (made by Hannah Winters) and went about it. I bought more beads here and there, and then my mom bought me a bunch for Chrismas. I don't love all the bands I make, but I'm still trying and learning new things. Anyway, I'll probably post occassional random pictures of watch bands, and I'd appreciate any suggestions or new ideas. I think I need to get more chunky/big beads. That is kind of the 'in' thing, even though I appreciate a smaller, less chunky band. Hopefully as I get more beads, my bands will improve!

Here's one I made for Darcy tonight. I'm not sure I'll leave it this way- plus I just noticed the two cat's eye beads are different greens. The more I look at the picture, the more I think I need to change it. I'm just not sure how! I think I need to put some different shapes in... I'll probably mess with it more tomorrow.
Another one I made tonight.. I don't really like how it goes and I had to add the clear bead because I didn't have a bigger silver one that would fit well.

One I made quite a while ago and took apart.

I would love to hear any tips, tricks, or personal preferences concerning beaded watch bands!

2 comments:

  1. Cailee, I really like them. I like the smaller ones too. They are just easier to wear at times then then big chunky ones. Love your beads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like them! I heard from one friend that she does the exact same pattern of beads on each side, just in opposite order so that it isn't too much work for her, but looks like it is way different.

    ReplyDelete